Residential Conveyancing: for all your property needs
Whether you want to buy your perfect home, sell your own property, remortgage or want to set up a tenancy agreement, our specialist Residential Conveyancing Department is here to help.
Buying, selling or re-mortgaging a property is likely to be one of the biggest financial transactions you will enter into. Robinsons’ Residential Conveyancing team can give you the help and guidance to ensure that your sale, purchase or re-mortgage proceeds smoothly to a successful completion.
Our Residential Conveyancing team will always put your priorities first, ensuring that they talk to you in plain English and provide a friendly, competitive and professional service. We will keep you updated throughout the process and respond quickly to any enquiries. Ultimately we aim to ensure that the process is as straightforward as possible so that you can move as smoothly and quickly as possible.
Our Residential Conveyancing team can also advise you on:
- Deeds of gift – where property or a share of property is legally transferred from the owner to another person without any payment. We will advise you on the implications of this, for example, who will occupy the property, who will pay for what and any tax obligations.
- Shared ownership leases – this is where you buy a share of the property and pay rent on the remaining share retained by the landlord. Our Residential Conveyancing team can advise you on the difference between shared ownership leases and ordinary leases and can help you to purchase or sell a shared ownership lease property.
- Court of Protection – when a loved one no longer has the mental capacity to manage their financial affairs, perhaps through illnesses such as Alzheimer’s or Dementia, we can help you apply to the Court of Protection so that you can manage their affairs on their behalf, such as selling their property to pay for their care.
- Probate sales – we understand how difficult it can be to administer a person’s estate, so our Residential Conveyancing team can provide specialist advice and guide you through the process from start to finish.
- Transfers of equity – whether you want to transfer equity following separation or divorce or if you are adding someone, such as a new partner, to the deeds, we will work with you to understand your goals and advise you on the best solution as well as any implications such as remortgaging costs or tax.
- Council house purchases – we will advise you as to whether you are eligible to purchase your council or housing association property through the Right To Buy scheme. If you are, our Residential Conveyancing team will guide you every step of the way as helping you to achieve your dream of going from tenant to property owner.
- Declarations of trust or trust deeds outline how much of a property is owned by whom and include details of how property expenses will be paid. Our Residential Conveyancing team will evaluate your individual situation and draw up a declaration of trust that will safeguard you both now and in the future.
- Tenancy agreements – we can draft tenancy agreements, advise you on deposit protection services available and the consequences of not using them, energy performance certificates and help you with tenancy disputes and possession proceedings.
Robinsons Conveyancing team includes Kellie Bilbie and Emma Brookes, supervised by Brian Holloway, who is part of the Robinsons’ wider Property Department (see also Commercial Property).
If you would like a written estimate of our conveyancing charges, simply complete our Residential Conveyancing quick quote system setting out brief details as follows:
- The price of the property and its location
- Is it freehold or leasehold?
- Do you need a mortgage to enable you to proceed?